Casa del Panadero
Completely RE-renovated in 2017
Just a few city blocks from the center of town, Casa del Panadero stands proud and tall, one of a group of four special row houses in the exclusive Santa Ana district. Just blocks from a myriad of events and attractions, Casa del Panadero envelops its guests in the history and culture of Merida and the Yucatan. Completely RE-renovated in 2017 to enhance your comfort of experience yet retaining the Colonial ambience Panadero has become known for!
Our Location – The Absolute Best Centro Has To Offer
Casa del Panadero is located in the center of the historic district of Santa Ana, just two blocks from Parque Santa Ana and Paseo de Montejo and only five blocks from the Parque Principal (the center of town). You will find you can literally walk to everywhere you will want to go.
At Casa del Panadero, you will enjoy…
- Two spacious bedrooms with King beds and 400-count 100% cotton linens. Each has a vanity desk with chair and mirror and reading light options . The front bedroom has an armoire and the window has thick glass to ensure a quiet environment. Across the hall is the bathroom for this bedroom.
- The back bedroom is now a true MASTER suite. A barn door closes off the hallway which now has spacious built in closets and drawers and accesses the master bathroom as well. The Master opens up to the garden area as well as the back seating area via the tall doors the Colonials are known for. Truly an oasis of tranquility.
- Two separate bathrooms with showers and a pressurized water system.
- The Dining room seats 6 and we have added an incredible , delicate rock accent wall with accent lighting here. Panadero boasts two seating areas. The front area we call the media room and the back seating area is off the master suite and it opens to the garden and pool area
- The kitchen has been totally remodeled and updated to with all new appliances including a dishwasher, an oven for baking and a convection microwave, and incredible dark wood storage with a unique granite surface. Under the sink and via a smaller faucet , a pump system accesses the drinking bottles . Of course there are coffee makers and utensils and all that is necessary to cook ,if you so desire. The highlight of the kitchen is the granite island with stools. A place to set and have morning coffee and look out the Colonial door to the interior patio and the bubbling of the fountain .
- Furnished interior courtyard with fountain, visible from nearly every room in the house. There are multiple lighting options to create an ambience which is quite special with the sparkling light off the rocks from the fountain.
- The filtered swimming pool with fountain and outdoor shower is in the back garden area and is a special place of retreat with seating available and a nice place to sun bath with isolation . The lighting features here are also unique and soothing at night. The pool is quite spacious and is approximately 4 1/2 feet deep.
- Silvia, our property manager, is a local and bilingual and will meet you and give you a tour of the house upon arrival. She has been with Panadero since we acquired the house and is a great asset and resource for our clients and a big part of our Panadero family.
- Greeted by a bottle of wine upon arrival, along with milk, juice, coffee and pastries and gift book from Yucatan Living.
- 32-Inch Flat screen TV, with an Apple TV unit, Amazon Fire stick, DVD player, and a selection of DVDs and CD’s . Also, there are some books and board games for your enjoyment.
- Stereo/CD player with iPod hookup, a Bose blue tooth speaker and an Amazon Echo with battery pack so you can take around the house.
- Upgraded and reliable Wireless internet with two zones so as to access all the property.
- Coded electronic valuables safe.
- Water softener system was installed with the 2017 RE-renovation.
- We have a local phone and number which comes in handy when you meet new people in Centro or want to make local calls. It is also available for long distance to the states.
- Two bicycles for your use. Please use the coded chain locks when out and about.
- Remote-controlled air conditioners in bedrooms and dining room and ceiling fans throughout the house.
- Washer/dryer, iron and ironing board.
- All furniture, ironwork and artwork is locally made. We have two new incredible pieces of art ; one in the front seating area and the other in the kitchen by Alfredo Romero Campos from LaSala art gallery in Centro .
- Parking available in the front of the house as well as a parking garage area 4 doors up the street. And Calle 49 is on a non bus street.
- Additional housekeeping service, cooking service, and in-house massage can be arranged at additional cost.
- A guide/directory explaining the operations of
Casa del Panadero and listings of some of
our favorite restaurants, day trips,
taxi drivers, and much of the local
flavor of Merida and the Yucatan.
May 1 to September 30
One week minimum ; $925.00 USD per week ; Monthly rate $ 2,000.00 includes weekly housekeeping
October 1 to April 30
One week minimum ; $1250 USD per week ; Monthly rate $ 2,500.00 includes weekly housekeeping
December 15, 2018 to January 12, 2019
One week minimum ; $1,575 USD per week ; Monthly rate $ 3,750.00 includes weekly housekeeping
Please contact us about rentals as we offer negotiated discounts for stays longer than 1 month.
Daily maid service is not included, but may be available at an extra cost and should be arranged before arrival. Maximum occupancy 4 adults. Children under 12 not allowed. Smoking allowed in interior courtyard or garden area only. Casa del Panadero cannot accommodate pets.
Deposit: Cleaning and Security, Electricity Usage, Any PayPal, Bank ,Credit Card Charge/Fees
A $400 Security deposit is due at the same time as the final balance payment. This deposit covers the replacement of lost and/or damaged items (inventoried by the property manager), and excessive damage or wear to linens and/or upholstered furniture if applicable. Also, electricity usage ( House manager will get a before and after electrical reading and any bank fees such as PayPal, credit card charge/fee and a cleaning fee of $ 15.00 will be deducted from the deposit. Normally the deposit will be refunded within 14 days of your departure. Electricity cost is really pretty minimal during the winter months and dependent on air conditioner usage.
When you stay at Casa del Panadero…
There are a few things you should know about:
Check in is from 3 PM to 11 PM and check out is before 11 AM. We will do our best to accommodate earlier or later arrivals.
No children under the age of 12 due to swimming pool
No pets as there is no grass at Panadero.
No smoking inside the house. In the patio and the garden, No problem!
When you leave the house, please shut down all air-conditioners. The air-conditioners are designed to cool the rooms down quickly, so there is no need to “pre cool” the rooms while you are gone… and it costs a lot of electricity (and money!).
Please turn off all lights and fans when they are not being used… again, the electricity. Leaving the house open in sense of the screens closed and top windows of doors open is good to keep the house air flowing from front to back
If you are parking on the street, please remember to tip José, the gentleman who “guards” our street. He lives on the tips he gets from people who park there. An appropriate tip would be ten to twenty pesos a day, or a lump sum based on that amount when you leave. As he is getting along in years and has failing health you may only notice him for a few hours early in the mornings, but he still takes pride in cleaning the street and reserving a parking space.
Come explore Casa del Panadero!
We just know you are going to love it...