Stunning Belle Époque Colonial (MI)
Spacious. Elegant. Historical. Beautiful!
The home was built by and resided in by the Merida Architect & Engineer Manuel G. Canton Ramos as his personal residence in the 1890s. Canton Ramos is famously remembered for the construction of the “Palacio Canton” which served as the residence of General Francisco Canton, who served as Govenor of Yucatan from 1898 - 1902, and which still stands on Paseo de Montejo.
The photos tell the story!
Simply a hands-down stunning renovation of a classic beauty. The owners have lovingly and meticulously restored the main floor of this colonial mistress. The 2nd floor, garage & workshop await a new owners touch.
- Central Courtyard
- Crystal Chandeliers
- 18 foot ceilings
- Decorative French Tile Pasta Floors
- Crown Molding
- 9-Original Stained Glass Windows (the largest, inspired by the 1857 painting, “The Gleaners,” by French artist Jean Francois Millet)
- Solid Hard Wood Doors, Windows & French Shutters
- Original Bronze & Iron Hardware
- Art Deco Baths
- Filtered Pool
- Oversized Garage
- Guest Suite
- All New Electric & Plumbing - 1st floor
- Pressurized H2O
- Roof Top Views of Merida’s 16th Century Cathedral
This amazing property is priced to sell! By private appointment only.
If you are interested, please contact Colm Cooney or Mitch Keenan for more information via email: firstname.lastname@example.org